Dr. Robert W. Flint, Jr., Psychology Department, Professor of Psychology. Has been with Saint Rose since 1999.
- Where did you attend school?
- Where have you been employed? Minnesota State University at Mankato (1997-1999)
- Did you always want to teach? YES! I realized when I was a sophomore at Allegheny College that I wanted to become a biopsychology professor at a small liberal arts institution where there was an emphasis on teaching and using scholarship/research to train students.
- What classes do you teach at Saint Rose?
- Physiological Psychology
- Introduction to Psychopharmacology
- Social Neuroscience (team taught with Dr. Nancy Dorr)
- Foundations of Psychology I
- Forgetting & Amnesia
- Behavioral & Cognitive Neuroscience
- Senior Seminar: Research in Psychology
- Highlight of academic career, thus far: I think that I get the greatest pleasure when I see our students, especially those who have worked closely with me in the lab, get into graduate programs.
- What’s your favorite color? Blue
- Favorite place to eat in the Capital Region? I love anyplace that sells good sushi. A current favorite is Sushi Thai in Clifton Park.
- Favorite TV show? Bones
- What is the last book you read? Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
- If you could have one superpower, what would you choose? I wish I could conduct research at the speed of light!
I have a wonderful family, including my soul mate Susan, two boys (10 and 7 years old) and 1 daughter (2 ½ years old). We enjoy playing soccer, baseball, and football, skiing, kayaking, hiking, and fishing.
Please comment here if you have any questions or feedback for Dr. Flint. Thanks for reading!