As the semester/year winds down here are my top 5 memories that were brought to me by The College of Saint Rose and the Albany area since coming back to campus in August.
5. “Family dinners” with my friends: Although my roommate and other friends are now living off campus and I do not get to see them nearly as much, when I do see them it is like we never left Lima 4. I made some great friendships my first year at college and I love the fact that they are still intact even as I go into second semester of sophomore year- and I can not wait to see what we get into in January.
4. Color Me Rad Albany: I do not claim to be an Olympic runner but I can say that this 5k was a truly unique experience. There really was nothing like walking, panting, and running through clouds of pink, purple, and blue colored powder with your friends.
3. Madison Station Dates: Every chance I got this past semester I was off to Madison Station, that cute little coffee shop that has been mentioned on the blog before, to relax and hang out with my friends. There is something about being able to roast your own marshmallows indoors at an Albany coffee shop that really speaks to the New England in me.
2. Becoming a Resident Assistant: I really can not stress how great of an opportunity this was as I have met so many new people and forged friendships that I otherwise would not have. Whether I am making friends with freshmen in the residence halls in my zone or befriending returning RAs I have a whole other friend group to explore Albany (and Brockport) with!
1. Becoming a Tour Guide: This although my third job at the College, is my latest and one that I find very exciting! This is my favorite memory of the semester as through the position of tour guide I get to show people interested in the college why I love it so much and what makes Saint Rose… well Saint Rose.
As we all put up our 2013 calendars I can not wait to see what my fourth semester at Saint Rose has to bring but at the same time I have come to realize that it is impossible to predict what new adventures or opportunities I will have had by this time next year!