Since next week is finals week, I thought I would switch gears for today’s post and talk about one of my favorite pass times: movies.
Movies are something you can just put on, chill out, and make you feel good. Out of my rather large movie collection, I picked 5 movies (1 is a TV show) to watch during these stressful times. My go to movies, if you will.
1. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – This movie is a classic. It is by far in my top 5 favorite movies of all time. Ferris is the kind of guy we all want to be like. If you have never seen this film, shame shame. Let’s admit it now, all of us want our life to be like an 80s movie, especially a John Hughes movie. It’s the perfect movie for finals week.
2. Juno– There isn’t even a speech needed for Juno. It’s just a fantastic film. Whether you love or hate Michael Cera, this movie established him as an actor in the movies. Admittedly, he’ll never not be George Michael to me (to my Arrested Development peeps out there, there is a movie in the works) but Paulie Bleaker and every character Cera ever plays, is pretty much George Michael. I don’t care, I’d still marry him in two seconds. Ellen Page has her sass pants on and I LOVE IT. She is awesome. I just love this movie forever and ever and ever.
3. Forgetting Sarah Marshall – Jason Segel is my favorite. Dracula’s lament constantly get’s stuck in my head. Also the other version “PETER YOU SUCK PETER YOU SUCK…” is hilarious. You will be quoting this movie long after you see it “Oh, the weather outside is weather”. Paul Rudd, Jonah Hill, Russel Brand and Bill Hader are some of the funniest guys in the business right now and Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis are not only hilarious, but absolutely gorgeous. If you dig this film, slap the bass to I love you, Man.
4. The Office – Everyone that knows me, knows this is my favorite show of all time. It is funny, quotable, and down right wrong sometimes. It is the perfect stress reliever during finals week. If you don’t like The Office- “This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell outta here.” – Michael Scott
5. How the Grinch Stole Christmas(the new one)- Now, I put this in here because it’s almost Christmas time and Christmas movies always cheer me up. There are SO many movies to choose from so you can’t really go wrong but, the Grinch has to be one of my favorites. This is my favorite Jim Carrey role. He was the perfect choice for the Grinch. So, don’t eat because you’re bored, watch the Grinch instead!
6. HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER– I don’t own any seasons of this show unfortunately, but I catch it online when I can. Once you start watching this show, you will not be able to stop. Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris, Josh Radnor, Alyson Hannigan and Colbie Smulders round out this amazing cast. Watching this show during finals week will be, wait for it………….. LEGENDARY.
So, that’s it for now. Good luck to everyone during finals! 20 days till Christmas! 😀