Hi everyone! I’m very excited about this opportunity to blog about my experiences at Saint Rose and how those experiences created the person I am today. It has been amazing to see all of the changes happening on campus and I am insanely jealous of all of the current students that get to enjoy all the cool new stuff! Taking a cue from my old roomate and fellow Alumni Blogger Doug Ridley, here’s an abridged version of what I did while I was at Saint Rose:
- I received my English degree in 2006. I also accidentally stumbled into a Public Communications minor (more on that in another blog)
- I lived in Brubacher Hall and Alumni Hall. I had a brief stay in RCC for a month. Doug and I realized that we needed something a bit more than what RCC had to offer and quickly found an apartment that we stayed in for our last two years of college.
- I was the Vice President for Academic Activities for the Student Association (Shout out to all the ROSA members out there!)
- I helped form a little rebellious group called Phoenix (Again, more on that in another blog!)
- I met every one of my best friends at Saint Rose and I never regret my decision to attend
I am currently employed by The State University of New York at New Paltz. I am the Event Coordinator for The Office of Student Activities and Union Services. I help plan events, work with student groups on their events and manage our Student Union. I am very fortunate to have a job that I love and I get to work with a great group of professionals and students.
I plan on posting about my job, my experiences as a Saint Rose undergrad, my time in the Student Association and offer advice to students about making the most of their campus life experience. Thanks to everyone in the Alumni Office for letting me do this. Talk to you all soon!