Saint Rose was a game changer; it shaped me, instilled values, encouraged me to make mistakes and taught me to question the world. I’ve lost touch with Saint Rose over the last few year, but a recent loss has rekindled my love, and has inspired me to reconnect with the college community.
An extremely abridged history
- I graduated Saint Rose in 2006 with a BFA in Sculpture and a minor in Art History.
- I lived in Bru as a freshman, and thanks to some high school credits was first in line to grab a suite in Alumni. Getting a good lottery number for room selection is the fastest way to make friends.
- I served as the VP for Finance of the Student Association my sophomore year.
- I was the President of the Student Art League my junior and senior year.
- I met my wife Ashley at St. Rose. We were both sculpture majors and our first date was setup by a mutual friend.
What am I doing now?
I am currently a social media strategist at Vital Design in Portmouth, NH. I help businesses use social media for marketing and communications. It’s a dream that I get to work with clients on developing strategies for building engagement, positioning their brand and encouraging conversation on social media. My friends would tell you that I play on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ all day. Though it is much more than that, it is just as enjoyable as play.
In the future, you can expect stories from my time at Saint Rose and how they’ve impacted my life. I’ll also be sharing action items on how students can take advantage of social media to position themselves as strong candidates for employment.
See you on the Picotte shuttle.