Dr. Claudia Lingertat-Putnam, Counseling, College Student Services Administration & Educational Leadership Department, Chair and Associate Professor. Has been with Saint Rose since 2003.
- Where did you attend school?Earned a BS in Psychology from Penn State & stayed there for a MSEd in Secondary School Counseling; earned a PsyD from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicinein
- Where have you been employed? Gerenser’s Ice Cream Store; Penn State Writing Center; Meadows Psychiatric Center; Holy Spirit Hospital; The College of Saint Rose
- Did you always want to teach? Yes!
- What classes do you teach at Saint Rose? Graduate counseling coursework – school counseling specialization courses and the seminar classes that accompany internship
- Highlight of academic career, thus far: Seeing the students I’ve taught and mentored grow into passionate professionals who do good work in the community and schools; when hearing from alumni about successes and challenges, it makes me proud to have been a part of their development as professionals.
- What’s your favorite color? BLUE for sure 🙂
- Favorite place to eat in the Capital Region? A three way tie between the Sake Café, the Curry House, and Bros. Tacos. I am also a big fan of the New World Bistro.
- Favorite TV show? Currently I’m hooked on Person of Interest.
- What is the last book you read? Even Silence Has An End, by Ingrid Betancourt, the former Colombian presidential candidate who was kidnapped and held by the FARC (a rebel group in Colombia) for six years in the jungle. This first person account of the story of her survival and eventual rescue is at once terrifying and amazing. I couldn’t put it down.
- If you could have one superpower, what would you choose? The power to heal.
I am first generation American: my parents were immigrants from Europe (Germany & Lithuania) and my grandfather lived with us. He only spoke German at home with us, so I grew up speaking German before I spoke English! Today, I regularly speak German with my 16 year old Standard Schnauzer named Schnapps. 🙂
Learn more about Dr. Lingertat-Putnam on her Saint Rose faculty page. To connect with the Counseling & CSSA department, follow their blog. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Dr. Lingertat-Putnam here.