Since it is in fact the first day of the spring semester, I would like to send a simple, warm ‘welcome!’ to all, whether you are new to campus or returning. I spent yesterday preparing myself for the week ahead, all the while reflecting on how exciting spring semesters are. I’m no stranger to spring semesters, since this is the 7th one I will be completing!
Remember these simple positive facts as your responsibilities begin to build over the next few weeks.
- The amount of daylight is going to, minute by minute, be increasing everyday.
- The chill will give way to warm breezes, and you can slowly begin to transition out of coats and scarves and into shorts and flip flops.
- We are going into the second half of our academic year and have summer break to look forward to (unless of course you plan to take summer courses).
- Spring break will be March 4-8 this year. Consider participating in an Alternative Spring Break trip.
- Some of you will be graduating in May. If this applies to you, congratulations in advance! If not, you are one semester closer to earning your degree.
I am personally looking forward to all of the above, as well as:
1. I will be graduating in August.
2. I will be able to apply skills I have learned in my graduate program on a daily basis this semester in my internship and graduate assistantship, and through those, also learn so many more valuable skills.
What are you looking forward to this spring?